Investing for beginners
Investing now so that you have financial strength in the future for all that life might have in store for you is the smart thing to do.
Getting started with a lump sum
An inheritance of any size can be a real game changer that significantly enhances your family’s financial future.
Starting out, your priority is likely to be growth but you also need to think about protection against inflation and keeping as much out of the reach of the tax man as possible.
Before you invest, there are a few things you should consider:
- Be specific about what you want to invest for and how much you will need for the things that are important to you – university fees, a gap year, a wedding, taking a year off – and when you might need access to it.
- You may be at the stage in life that you’re thinking about some extra cash for your retirement, or leaving something to your grandchildren?
- How it might work with your existing plans and investments
- Ways it might affect your tax
- How you feel about risk, and ways to cope with it
Whatever you decide, our approach is the same – we will get to know you (and your financial situation), make sure we understand exactly what you want, and give you the best advice we possibly can.
We will help you make the most of your investment
We will work with you to help you make smart investment decisions, manage your potential risk, minimise the amount of tax you pay and, very importantly, give you options. That way you are much more likely to make the most of your investment.
Find out more about how we do that, and if you like what you see, give us a call to arrange a meeting with one of our investment managers.